Ordnance Survey Memoirs
The following extract is from "Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland – Parishes of County Antrim VII 1832 – 1838". Thanks to The Institute of Irish Studies, The Queen’s University of Belfast for permission to use this extract.
The rectorial tithes of Magheragall, 200 pounds per annum, is received by Edward Johnson of Ballymacoss, Esquire; his father, the late Revd Phillip Johnson, a former vicar of Derryaghy, having leased the aforesaid tithe from the Bishop of Down and Connor at some former period and which lease is not yet expired. The tithe of Magheragall is 300 pounds per annum; 100 of it goes to the vicar of the parish and the other 200 to Mr Johnson. In this parish there are 5 publicans.